Gallery Installation Tips
3 easy steps to turning your space into a stylish and fabulous display.
Step 1 Attach your Artrack rail to the wall
Step 2 Attach and position your hanging sets
Step 3 Position your picture or hanging item
Step 1. Attach your Artrack rail to the wall
- Measure your wall. This will give you the length of track you will need to Artrack your wall. Artrack extrusion can be used on gyprock, masonary and concrete walls.
- Using a string line, spirit level, mark a line at the desired height for the Artrack fixings.
- Along the line, mark out your fixing positions as per the plastic fixing guide below. If mounting on masonary or concrete use a masonary bit to drill holes.
- Once the fixing holes are marked and drilled you then need to attach the fixing clips to the wall. Different wall’s will require different wall anchors depending on your surface, Plasterboard = Artrack Mates + Screws, Concrete or Cavity Brick = Wall Plugs + Screws, Studded Wall = Wood Screws. NOTE: Some Artrack rail uses metal clips. Please refer to fixing guide below for recommended fixing positions.
- Once your fixing clips are mounted to the wall, simply install your track by pushing the track onto the fixing clips. Make sure the track is secure on the wall before attaching your hanging accessories.
Remember to wear eye and ear protection, and always follow safe work practices, when installing the Artrack extrusion.
Step 2. Attach and position your hanging sets
- Once you have firmly attached the Artrack to the wall you will need to fit your hanging set.
- Slide your cable into the track. The cobra hook slides in from the side of the track. TIP: Using your drill bit, drill entry holes along the track to slide your cable in. This eliminates the need to leave a gap between the wall and extrusion.
- (Heavy set Cable Only) Slide the track hook into the track, and then attach your cable to the hook.
Step 3. Position and hang your hanging item
- (Picture Mount only) If you have chosen a picture mount, attach your mount to the picture with the fixing screw.
- Slide the cable end through the picture hook or mount and slide the fitting to the desired height. To release down, push the plunger down and move the fitting.
- (Picture Hook only). Attach your artwork to the hook and level.